Ready for a yerba mate latte recipe? Making a delicious yerba mate latte is super fun and tasty. Yerba mate is such a versatile herb. You can prepare it so many ways, as we’ve demonstrated before: french press, teapot, infuser, gourd, and more. Today, let’s make a yerba mate latte with almond milk.
Ingredients for Yerba Mate Latte:
- Organic yerba mate
- Milk (soy, rice, almond, dairy). I’m using organic vanilla almond milk
- Brewing device (I’m using a chemex; you can use french press, teapot, or regular pot and strainer)
- Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
Steps to make your yerba mate latte:
- Brew 1 heaping teaspoon per 8oz of heated water (175ºF) for 10 mins.
- Strain and serve brewed yerba mate in glass or mug—leave 1/3 space.
- Add heated milk to glass and stir.
- Top off with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Here’s a video of me making the yerba mate latte: