An Elevated Experience
- Materials: Locally harvest Brazlian Cuia; Stainless Steel accents
- Brim width: 3.75–4 in, 9.50 cm
- Body width: 3.25–3.5 in, 8.25 cm
- Base width: 2.25 in, 5.7 cm
- Depth: 4 in, 10cm
- Height: 5–5.5 in, 12.7 cm
- Weight: 170 g
- Capacity (3/4s full dry yerba): 40g
*Size, shape and hue may vary, as each piece has its own natural characteristics.
- Type: Grazie Puro Select 9
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Length: 9in, 23 cm
- Weight: 44g
Erva / Yerba Pairings
Excellent for all erva and yerba types. Highly versatile vessel.
* * *
Allow the Natural Curing Process
No need to cure your cuia with any particular method. The vessel will naturally cure on its own, within three months, depending on your climate (faster in drier weather). Some mold and mildew is perfectly normal, as the excess plant material inside the vessel breaks down with use. After several weeks, you’ll notice a uniform dark hue and the cuia will begin to dry rapidly after each use. Most mate drinkers continue to use the cuia throughout the entire process, but you may also alternate between vessels during this process. If you are totally against mold and oxidation, then we recommend you select a metal or wooden vessel.
* * *
How to Prepare Traditional Yerba or Brazilian Erva