The Mate Kit You’ll Cherish
Our Liberty Cup may be the most perfectly shaped cuia on Earth. With an elegant narrowing of the neck and beautifully bulbous body, the vessel does exceptionally well with both yerba and ervas. Select your gourmet erva of choice and we’ll take care of the rest. Each kit includes a personally styled Mate Shaper Set (optional) to form that perfect mountain of mate and our premium Grazie Puro Select 8 bomba with a 200+ filter count for pristine flow.
Everything You Need on Your Erva Journey
Everything You Need on Your Erva Journey (*optional items also listed)
- Locally sourced Brazilian cuia / squash; embossed pattern metal base.
- Grazie Puro Select 8 Bomba
- Larga Select Mate Shaper *
- Preciso Mate Shaper * (automatically included when Shaper is added)
- Erva & yerba mate of choice *
Liberty Cup Original Dimensions
- Brim width: 3.5 in, 8.90 cm
- Height: 5.25 in, 13.33 cm
- Width: 3.8 in, 9.65 cm
- Weight: 200 g
- Capacity (3/4s full dry yerba): 65g
- Logo: May vary from original legacy logo to new logo
*Size, shape and hue may vary, as each piece has its own natural characteristics.
Grazie Puro Select 8 Bomba Dimensions
- Length: 8.26 in, 21 cm
- Weight: 38 g
- Filter count: 200+
- Material: 18/8 stainless steel
- Form: Spoon filter with tapered spout
• • •
Allow the Natural Curing Process
No need to cure your cuia with any particular method. The vessel will naturally cure on its own, within three months, depending on your climate (faster in drier weather). Some mold and mildew is perfectly normal, as the excess plant material inside the vessel breaks down with use. After several weeks, you’ll notice a uniform dark hue and the cuia will begin to dry rapidly after each use. Most mate drinkers continue to use the cuia throughout the entire process, but you may also alternate between vessels during this process. If you are totally against mold and oxidation, then we recommend you select a metal or wooden vessel.
How to Prepare Traditional Yerba or Brazilian Erva